New EBLIDA President and Executive Committee elected15 May 2012
At the 20th EBLIDA Annual Council Meeting, Mr Klaus‐Peter Böttger, BID Germany was elected President of EBLIDA by unanimous agreement.
The outcome of the Executive Committee elections that took place during the Council meeting resulted in the following changes:
- Ms Gloria Perez Salmerón, FESABID Spain: re‐elected. Appointed to position of EBLIDA Vice‐President.
- Ms Erna Winters, VOB, Netherlands: re‐elected. Appointed to position of Treasurer.
- Mr Guy Daines, CILIP, UK: newly elected.
- Mr Ulrika Domellöf Mattson, Swedish Library Association, Sweden: newly elected.
- Mr Georgios Glossiotis, EEB, Greece: newly elected. Ms Lone Knakkergaard, Danish Library Association, Danmark: newly elected.
- Mr Gerald Leitner, BVÖ, Austria: newly elected. Ms Maria Jose Moura, BAD, Portugal: newly elected.
- Mr Aldo Pirola, AIB, Italy: re‐appointed.
- Ms Leena Toivonen, Finnish Library Association, Finland: newly elected.
Outgoing members (reaching the end of their term in office):
- Ms Lene Byrialsen.
- Ms Saara Ihamäki.
Full biographies of the new Committee members will be available from the EBLIDA website. The 20th EBLIDA Annual Council Meeting took place on Thursday May 10th in the Royal Library of Denmark, the Black Diamond and was followed on the 11th May by a very well‐attended and successful conference "Democracy Development in a New Media Environment". Full details of these two events.< back to overview