EBLIDA Strategy 2016-201911 May 2016
[ PDF version ]
Eblida: The strong voice of the library and information community in Europe
The European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations is an independent umbrella association of library, information, documentation and archive associations and institutions in Europe.
The mission of Eblida is:
- to promote free access to information, education and culture for all citizens in Europe
- to advocate the interests of the library and information sectors and professionals in Europe
We commit ourselves to:
- act as the voice of associations and institutions of the library, archive, documentation and Information- management sectors in Europe
- strengthen the library and information institutions in Europe
- enable the citizens of Europe to fully participate in modern society
- prioritise work on Copyright, elending and literacy
We achieve our goals by:
- encouraging cooperation between the library and information associations and institutions in Europe as well as on the international level
- influencing national and European strategies and policies
We work for you!
We work in your interest by:
- taking forward suitable legal or other solutions in fields like copyright (e-lending, orphan works, preservation), text and data mining, privacy etc.
- ensuring that the importance of the library and information sectors will be reflected in the adaptation of strategic policy documents like the Digital Agenda for Europe, the Digital Single Market Strategy for Europe etc.
- our presence in Brussels
- providing and exchanging current information on specific issues.
(The Strategy 2016-2019 was approved by the 24th EBLIDA Council, The Hague (The Netherlands), 09 May 2016.)
< back to overview