EBLIDA Membership Benefits
Four good reasons to become a Member
1. Contribute actively to the development of UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- You can actively contribute to the development of the EBLIDA SDG European House, a package of tools supporting services to EBLIDA Members and training opportunities;
- Through the “EBLIDA Matrix”, a collectively created and shared handbook on the EU 2030 agenda, you can get information on library funding through EU policies and projects focused on sustainable development.
2. Shape legislation and policy in your country through best practices taking place in other European States;
- Through the revision of the Council of Europe-EBLIDA Guidelines on library legislation and policy in Europe, you can gain access to vibrant work and best policies on libraries
- We focus our reflection on library issues such as copyright, the “social” library, the social and educational impact of libraries, artificial intelligence in libraries, etc.
3. Obtain the instruments and tools to measure the impact of your library on the local cultural and socio-educational environment;
- Through the activities of our working groups, you can gain access to first-class reflection on quantitative and qualitative indicators, so much requested by local decision-makers;
- We compare library indicators of national and local nature with those expressed at world level by the UN Sustainable Development Indicators and use them as advocacy tools to exert influence on politician and library decision-makers.
4. Actively take part in a growing, close-knit, dynamic and diverse community of professionals in the information sector at European level;
- You will join a network of more than 110 associations and institutions from across Europe; We cooperate with EU Institutions, the Council of Europe and many international and national NGOs.
- We give you the opportunity to raise issues and participate in committees within the organisation that shape the future of EBLIDA.
- A Newsletter is published by EBLIDA's Director on a monthly basis with information on policy developments and on projects, invitations to trainings and events, and other information linked to library and archives issues.
- We are a member of several influential European associations and platforms.
- We represent libraries and archives in official working groups and conferences.
For the registration form please fill out the Membership Enquiry Form or contact the Secretariat:
Phone: +31 70 31 40 137.
EBLIDA Newsletter January 202114 January 2021: A Guided Tour of the EBLIDA website. Reaping the benefits of joining EBLIDA. Read more >
2020 Year in review23 December 2020: As the year comes to an end, we reflect on some of the things that we achieved in 2020, with your support, and despite all the challenges. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter December 202017 December 2020: The last issue of 2020 with an overview of our new Expert Groups, Covid-19 & Libraries: the Czech Republic, Report on the “Libraries Today” conference in Bulgaria and more. Read more >
Press Release: Library Legislation and Policy in Europe: Results of a Questionnaire - Interim Report15 December 2020: In this report library needs within a national library system are examined, together with library needs in regard to policies other from cultural and educational policies. Read more >
Press Release: A Working Group on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe (LIBLEG)11 December 2020: The LIBLEG Working Group has been created with a view to assisting and advising the EBLIDA Executive Committee in revising the Council of Europe-EBLIDA Guidelines on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe. Read more >