EBLIDA Membership Benefits
Four good reasons to become a Member
1. Contribute actively to the development of UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- You can actively contribute to the development of the EBLIDA SDG European House, a package of tools supporting services to EBLIDA Members and training opportunities;
- Through the “EBLIDA Matrix”, a collectively created and shared handbook on the EU 2030 agenda, you can get information on library funding through EU policies and projects focused on sustainable development.
2. Shape legislation and policy in your country through best practices taking place in other European States;
- Through the revision of the Council of Europe-EBLIDA Guidelines on library legislation and policy in Europe, you can gain access to vibrant work and best policies on libraries
- We focus our reflection on library issues such as copyright, the “social” library, the social and educational impact of libraries, artificial intelligence in libraries, etc.
3. Obtain the instruments and tools to measure the impact of your library on the local cultural and socio-educational environment;
- Through the activities of our working groups, you can gain access to first-class reflection on quantitative and qualitative indicators, so much requested by local decision-makers;
- We compare library indicators of national and local nature with those expressed at world level by the UN Sustainable Development Indicators and use them as advocacy tools to exert influence on politician and library decision-makers.
4. Actively take part in a growing, close-knit, dynamic and diverse community of professionals in the information sector at European level;
- You will join a network of more than 110 associations and institutions from across Europe; We cooperate with EU Institutions, the Council of Europe and many international and national NGOs.
- We give you the opportunity to raise issues and participate in committees within the organisation that shape the future of EBLIDA.
- A Newsletter is published by EBLIDA's Director on a monthly basis with information on policy developments and on projects, invitations to trainings and events, and other information linked to library and archives issues.
- We are a member of several influential European associations and platforms.
- We represent libraries and archives in official working groups and conferences.
For the registration form please fill out the Membership Enquiry Form or contact the Secretariat:
Phone: +31 70 31 40 137.
Interview with Steen Bording Andersen23 June 2020: Interview with Steen Bording Andersen, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >
Interview with Marina Encheva21 June 2020: Interview with Marina Encheva, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter June 202008 June 2020: As in any post-crisis scenario, librarians must be ready to embark upon all possible plans. Find out what's next. New publications on SDGs , ESI Funds; planned #Webinars & more in the EBLIDA June Newsletter. Read more >
Press Release: SDGs and Libraries – First European Report02 June 2020: A fully-fledged concept apt to frame library work into the broader and far-reaching scope of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in European libraries. Read more >
EBLIDA Webinars20 May 2020: EBLIDA is hosting a series of webinars focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Libraries, more particularly, why and how should Libraries implement SDGs. Read more >