EBLIDA Membership Benefits
Here are 5 good reasons to become a member
1. To actively take part in a growing, close-knit, diverse community of professionals in the information sector at European level;
- We give you the opportunity to raise issues and participate in committees within the organisation that shape the future of EBLIDA.
- You can take part in our Annual Meetings and participate in EBLIDA’s work. Our annual meetings are held each year in a different European location. You can be nominated and vote in the EBLIDA ballot.
2. To have the opportunity to contribute actively to the library and information profession;
- You can contribute to the development of libraries and archives across Europe.
- You can join EBLIDA events and share information and experiences with your peers.
- You can have access to EBLIDA organised professional development events (workshops).
3. To make heard the voice of the library and information science professions in European matters;
- We work closely with EU decision-makers and influence EU policies on library and archive related issues such as copyright, orphan works, e-lending, privacy, datamining etc.
- We cooperate with EU Institutions, the Council of Europe and many international and national NGOs.
- We are a member of several influential European associations and platforms.
- We represent libraries and archives in official working groups and conferences.
4. To keep up to date with the latest events affecting the library and information professions;
- An insider newsletter is published by EBLIDA’s Director on a monthly basis with up to date EU information and other actual developments.
- We send a fortnightly members newsletter "Member News" with information on policy developments and on projects, invitation to trainings and events, and other information linked to library and archives issues.
- We publish all your events and trainings on our EBLIDA web-calendar.
- We release reports as project information and results.
5. To show concrete cooperation and solidarity with your library and information peers in Europe.
- You will join a network of more than 110 associations and institutions from across Europe.
For the registration form please fill out the Membership Enquiry Form or contact the Secretariat:
Phone: +31 70 31 40 137.
EBLIDA April 2020 Newsletter: Special issue the EBLIDA Checklist in the face of the Covid-19 crisis03 April 2020: What is essential and non-essential in a library service? What must, should or could be put in place when libraries are locked down? Read more >
An EBLIDA Executive Committee (EC) extraordinary online meeting31 March 2020: Online discussion on the critical situation libraries facing during the current Covid-19 outbreak. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter March 202012 March 2020: Update on the EBLIDA 2020 Conference Belgrade, information on Culture in the European Structural and Investment Funds, Exploration of UN SDGs and more ... Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter February 202013 February 2020: Read about the most important Italian Library Conference, about EBLIDA's Europe-wide surveys and exploration of UN SDGs. Read more >
NewsGuard Forms Board of Advisors for its News Literacy Programs23 January 2020: NewsGuard has assembled a board of advisors for its News Literacy Program, which includes partnerships with nearly 700 public libraries around the globe. Read more >