EBLIDA Membership Benefits
Here are 5 good reasons to become a member
1. To actively take part in a growing, close-knit, diverse community of professionals in the information sector at European level;
- We give you the opportunity to raise issues and participate in committees within the organisation that shape the future of EBLIDA.
- You can take part in our Annual Meetings and participate in EBLIDA’s work. Our annual meetings are held each year in a different European location. You can be nominated and vote in the EBLIDA ballot.
2. To have the opportunity to contribute actively to the library and information profession;
- You can contribute to the development of libraries and archives across Europe.
- You can join EBLIDA events and share information and experiences with your peers.
- You can have access to EBLIDA organised professional development events (workshops).
3. To make heard the voice of the library and information science professions in European matters;
- We work closely with EU decision-makers and influence EU policies on library and archive related issues such as copyright, orphan works, e-lending, privacy, datamining etc.
- We cooperate with EU Institutions, the Council of Europe and many international and national NGOs.
- We are a member of several influential European associations and platforms.
- We represent libraries and archives in official working groups and conferences.
4. To keep up to date with the latest events affecting the library and information professions;
- An insider newsletter is published by EBLIDA’s Director on a monthly basis with up to date EU information and other actual developments.
- We send a fortnightly members newsletter "Member News" with information on policy developments and on projects, invitation to trainings and events, and other information linked to library and archives issues.
- We publish all your events and trainings on our EBLIDA web-calendar.
- We release reports as project information and results.
5. To show concrete cooperation and solidarity with your library and information peers in Europe.
- You will join a network of more than 110 associations and institutions from across Europe.
For the registration form please fill out the Membership Enquiry Form or contact the Secretariat:
Phone: +31 70 31 40 137.
A better copyright exception for Education16 January 2018: EBLIDA together with 34 organisations, signed an open letter requesting to improve the education exception in the proposal for a Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market (DSM Directive). Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter January 201811 January 2018: Pleased to present the first edition of the EBLIDA Newsletter of 2018. Read more >
Open Letter to the Bulgarian EU Presidency11 January 2018: EBLIDA together with its partners IFLA and Public Libraries 2020 publish this joint Open letter to celebrate the 1st Presidency of the Council of the European Union by Bulgaria (1 January-30 June 2018) and the goals it shares with libraries. Read more >
Happy Holiday Season14 December 2017: Happy Holiday Season Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter December14 December 2017: News from Brussels, Europe, EBLIDA and Worldwide. Lack of inspiration for a Christmas gift? Read more >