EBLIDA Membership Benefits
Here are 5 good reasons to become a member
1. To actively take part in a growing, close-knit, diverse community of professionals in the information sector at European level;
- We give you the opportunity to raise issues and participate in committees within the organisation that shape the future of EBLIDA.
- You can take part in our Annual Meetings and participate in EBLIDA’s work. Our annual meetings are held each year in a different European location. You can be nominated and vote in the EBLIDA ballot.
2. To have the opportunity to contribute actively to the library and information profession;
- You can contribute to the development of libraries and archives across Europe.
- You can join EBLIDA events and share information and experiences with your peers.
- You can have access to EBLIDA organised professional development events (workshops).
3. To make heard the voice of the library and information science professions in European matters;
- We work closely with EU decision-makers and influence EU policies on library and archive related issues such as copyright, orphan works, e-lending, privacy, datamining etc.
- We cooperate with EU Institutions, the Council of Europe and many international and national NGOs.
- We are a member of several influential European associations and platforms.
- We represent libraries and archives in official working groups and conferences.
4. To keep up to date with the latest events affecting the library and information professions;
- An insider newsletter is published by EBLIDA’s Director on a monthly basis with up to date EU information and other actual developments.
- We send a fortnightly members newsletter "Member News" with information on policy developments and on projects, invitation to trainings and events, and other information linked to library and archives issues.
- We publish all your events and trainings on our EBLIDA web-calendar.
- We release reports as project information and results.
5. To show concrete cooperation and solidarity with your library and information peers in Europe.
- You will join a network of more than 110 associations and institutions from across Europe.
For the registration form please fill out the Membership Enquiry Form or contact the Secretariat:
Phone: +31 70 31 40 137.
EBLIDA Newsletter September 201813 September 2018: Read the current Newsletter with the range of activities and interests, library & information society news from Europe, Brussels, EBLIDA and beyond. Read more >
Digital Single Market Directive - the European Parliament lays a Curate’s Egg13 September 2018: PRESS RELEASE: Yesterday, after two years deliberation, the European Parliament voted on its amendments to the draft Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market. Read more >
Job opportunity at EBLIDA12 July 2018: EBLIDA invites applications for the position of Director, at EBLIDA Office in The Hague, Netherlands. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter July-August 201812 July 2018: This double issue of the newsletter covers the months of July and August. Enjoy reading! Read more >
Shambolic JURI Committee vote on Copyright22 June 2018: As a major advocate of the library and information sector, while EBLIDA welcomes the encouraging outcomes on some of the Articles, the overall result of the JURI’s deliberations is actually rather lacklustre and in places rather negative for libraries, education and research. Read more >