EBLIDA Membership Benefits
Here are 5 good reasons to become a member
1. To actively take part in a growing, close-knit, diverse community of professionals in the information sector at European level;
- We give you the opportunity to raise issues and participate in committees within the organisation that shape the future of EBLIDA.
- You can take part in our Annual Meetings and participate in EBLIDA’s work. Our annual meetings are held each year in a different European location. You can be nominated and vote in the EBLIDA ballot.
2. To have the opportunity to contribute actively to the library and information profession;
- You can contribute to the development of libraries and archives across Europe.
- You can join EBLIDA events and share information and experiences with your peers.
- You can have access to EBLIDA organised professional development events (workshops).
3. To make heard the voice of the library and information science professions in European matters;
- We work closely with EU decision-makers and influence EU policies on library and archive related issues such as copyright, orphan works, e-lending, privacy, datamining etc.
- We cooperate with EU Institutions, the Council of Europe and many international and national NGOs.
- We are a member of several influential European associations and platforms.
- We represent libraries and archives in official working groups and conferences.
4. To keep up to date with the latest events affecting the library and information professions;
- An insider newsletter is published by EBLIDA’s Director on a monthly basis with up to date EU information and other actual developments.
- We send a fortnightly members newsletter "Member News" with information on policy developments and on projects, invitation to trainings and events, and other information linked to library and archives issues.
- We publish all your events and trainings on our EBLIDA web-calendar.
- We release reports as project information and results.
5. To show concrete cooperation and solidarity with your library and information peers in Europe.
- You will join a network of more than 110 associations and institutions from across Europe.
For the registration form please fill out the Membership Enquiry Form or contact the Secretariat:
Phone: +31 70 31 40 137.
EBLIDA Newsletter July/August 201911 July 2019: This double issue of the newsletter includes Reports of Working Group Sessions an interview with Ambassador Stefano Stefanile, EBLIDA Strategic Plan Survey Results, Photos of the Conference and more Read more >
EBLIDA Annual Report 2018-201901 July 2019: Now available: EBLIDA Annual Report 2018-2019. Read more >
EBLIDA Strategic Plan 2019-202228 June 2019: Now available: Strategic Plan 2019-2022. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter June 201913 June 2019: This issue is devoted to the presentation of the new Strategic Plan's Strand 2: Library legislation, and Strand 4: The Socio-educational Impact of Libraries. Read more >
Transposing the Digital Single Market Directive in your own country06 June 2019: EBLIDA member organisations now have a wonderful opportunity to influence how their countries will implement this Directive. Read more >