EBLIDA Membership Benefits
Four good reasons to become a Member
1. Contribute actively to the development of UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- You can actively contribute to the development of the EBLIDA SDG European House, a package of tools supporting services to EBLIDA Members and training opportunities;
- Through the “EBLIDA Matrix”, a collectively created and shared handbook on the EU 2030 agenda, you can get information on library funding through EU policies and projects focused on sustainable development.
2. Shape legislation and policy in your country through best practices taking place in other European States;
- Through the revision of the Council of Europe-EBLIDA Guidelines on library legislation and policy in Europe, you can gain access to vibrant work and best policies on libraries
- We focus our reflection on library issues such as copyright, the “social” library, the social and educational impact of libraries, artificial intelligence in libraries, etc.
3. Obtain the instruments and tools to measure the impact of your library on the local cultural and socio-educational environment;
- Through the activities of our working groups, you can gain access to first-class reflection on quantitative and qualitative indicators, so much requested by local decision-makers;
- We compare library indicators of national and local nature with those expressed at world level by the UN Sustainable Development Indicators and use them as advocacy tools to exert influence on politician and library decision-makers.
4. Actively take part in a growing, close-knit, dynamic and diverse community of professionals in the information sector at European level;
- You will join a network of more than 110 associations and institutions from across Europe; We cooperate with EU Institutions, the Council of Europe and many international and national NGOs.
- We give you the opportunity to raise issues and participate in committees within the organisation that shape the future of EBLIDA.
- A Newsletter is published by EBLIDA's Director on a monthly basis with information on policy developments and on projects, invitations to trainings and events, and other information linked to library and archives issues.
- We are a member of several influential European associations and platforms.
- We represent libraries and archives in official working groups and conferences.
For the registration form please fill out the Membership Enquiry Form or contact the Secretariat:
Phone: +31 70 31 40 137.
View the map and contact information >
Subscribe to our newsletter >
EBLIDA Newsletter June 202308 June 2023: This Newsletter is focused on Resourcing Libraries in the European Union (RL:EU). Read more >
EBLIDA Annual Report 2022-202317 May 2023: Now available! Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter May 202311 May 2023: Curious about the new phase in the evolution of library thinking? Read about it in our May issue! Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter April 202313 April 2023: The April issue is packed with the latest information on EBLIDA Conference & EBLIDA-NAPLE-PL2030 Event, 18-19 April 2023, Luxembourg. Read more >
Recommendation on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe10 April 2023: On 5th April 2023, the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe approved the Recommendation on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe, drafted in collaboration with EBLIDA. Read more >