EBLIDA Membership Benefits
Here are 5 good reasons to become a member
1. To actively take part in a growing, close-knit, diverse community of professionals in the information sector at European level;
- We give you the opportunity to raise issues and participate in committees within the organisation that shape the future of EBLIDA.
- You can take part in our Annual Meetings and participate in EBLIDA’s work. Our annual meetings are held each year in a different European location. You can be nominated and vote in the EBLIDA ballot.
2. To have the opportunity to contribute actively to the library and information profession;
- You can contribute to the development of libraries and archives across Europe.
- You can join EBLIDA events and share information and experiences with your peers.
- You can have access to EBLIDA organised professional development events (workshops).
3. To make heard the voice of the library and information science professions in European matters;
- We work closely with EU decision-makers and influence EU policies on library and archive related issues such as copyright, orphan works, e-lending, privacy, datamining etc.
- We cooperate with EU Institutions, the Council of Europe and many international and national NGOs.
- We are a member of several influential European associations and platforms.
- We represent libraries and archives in official working groups and conferences.
4. To keep up to date with the latest events affecting the library and information professions;
- An insider newsletter is published by EBLIDA’s Director on a monthly basis with up to date EU information and other actual developments.
- We send a fortnightly members newsletter "Member News" with information on policy developments and on projects, invitation to trainings and events, and other information linked to library and archives issues.
- We publish all your events and trainings on our EBLIDA web-calendar.
- We release reports as project information and results.
5. To show concrete cooperation and solidarity with your library and information peers in Europe.
- You will join a network of more than 110 associations and institutions from across Europe.
For the registration form please fill out the Membership Enquiry Form or contact the Secretariat:
Phone: +31 70 31 40 137.
EBLIDA Newsletter April 201812 April 2018: For European library professionals! The April 2018 Newsletter has been published. It features news and updates from Brussels, Europe, EBLIDA ... and more. Read more >
Open letter calls on EC for better rules on text and data mining10 April 2018: For future-proof rules on Text and Data Mining (TDM) EBLIDA has signed the open letter sent to the European Commission on behalf of 23 organisations. Read more >
The European Parliament must improve the TDM exception26 March 2018: Open letter to JURI Committee - 28 organisations asking to improve the TDM exception in the copyright reform. Read more >
Final report of the High Level Expert Group on Fake News and Online Disinformation13 March 2018: Final report of the EU Commission high-level group of experts ("the HLEG") created to advise on policy initiatives to counter fake news and disinformation spread online now available. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter March 201808 March 2018: News about EBLIDA-NAPLE 2018 Keynote Speaker: Prof. Chris Welch, Library Ranking Europe, Copyright Reform, EU Public Consultation on Fake News and Copyright Round Table in Sofia and more. Read more >