ISKO UK Conference 2019 - The Human Position in an Artificial World: Creativity, Ethics and AI in Knowledge Organization
|Date:||15 July 2019 to 16 July 2019|
|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
This will be the 6th biennial conference of the UK Chapter of ISKO (International Society for Knowledge Organization).
The conference explores the connected themes of artificial intelligence (AI) and its role in knowledge organization, ethics andcreativity. What innovations are taking place and what roles can humans play in all of this? The conference will consider practical solutions as well as the theory behind the creation, development and delivery of knowledge organizing systems, ranging from controlled vocabularies, classification systems, metadata schemas through to ontologies and taxonomies.
- Where has AI come from and where is it going in knowledge organization?
- What roles are there for taxonomies and ontologies in AI?
- What are the latest developments in ethics of knowledge organization?
- How should AI support creativity in taxonomies and ontologies?
- How will AI applications take account of ethical concerns whilst maintaining creativity?
- How is the role of the intermediary changing as AI impacts on KO applications?
- How will we ensure that the expertise of the intermediary is fully considered?
This conference is hosted by CityLIS, which runs the innovative library and information science post-graduate programmes at City, University of London.
< back to overview
EBLIDA Newsletter July/August 201911 July 2019: This double issue of the newsletter includes Reports of Working Group Sessions an interview with Ambassador Stefano Stefanile, EBLIDA Strategic Plan Survey Results, Photos of the Conference and more Read more >
EBLIDA Annual Report 2018-201901 July 2019: Now available: EBLIDA Annual Report 2018-2019. Read more >
EBLIDA Strategic Plan 2019-202228 June 2019: Now available: Strategic Plan 2019-2022. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter June 201913 June 2019: This issue is devoted to the presentation of the new Strategic Plan's Strand 2: Library legislation, and Strand 4: The Socio-educational Impact of Libraries. Read more >
Transposing the Digital Single Market Directive in your own country06 June 2019: EBLIDA member organisations now have a wonderful opportunity to influence how their countries will implement this Directive. Read more >