7th Estonian Digital Humanities Conference
|Date:||04 December 2019 to 06 December 2019|
USE OF DIGITAL CULTURAL HERITAGE IN RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
Digital humanities is transforming the usage of data analytics from a technological tool to a new field of human knowledge.
We are witnessing the innovative approaches of researchers from various disciplines as well as the new habits of contemporary internet users in consuming the wide variety of digitised cultural heritage data. In this perspective, the efforts of memory institutions to increase the available volume of digitised sources of cultural heritage deserves special attention.
The conference aims to examine the designing and usage of digitised cultural heritage collections through a variety of disciplines ranging from art to technology, from history to geography, from museum studies to media studies, from archival studies to cultural data analytics. Our special focus is on the methodological and educational value of digital humanities.
- Digital collections of cultural heritage and their innovative usage
- Perspectives of cultural analytics as a source of transdisciplinary knowledge
- Transforming handwritten documents to machine-readable text
- The usage of digitised collections of GLAM institutions (galleries, libraries, archives, museums)
- Methodologies for analysis of digital memory documents and data
- Digital memory data modelling, visualisation, and presentation
- Usage of digital heritage sources in creating digital tools for education
- Use of crowdsourcing in creating museum collections
- User in the archives and his/her expectations
- Personal digital storytelling and heritage collections
- Questioning the borders of literature
- Digital narration and cultural heritage resources
< back to overview
EBLIDA Newsletter May 201914 May 2019: After the Copyright Storm, we are coming back to business as usual. Check out EBLIDA's latest news, insights, and upcoming events in our May Newsletter. Read more >
Press Release on the Adoption of the European Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market17 April 2019: Following the European Parliament’s adoption of the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market, the Council of Ministers of the European Union has now also voted in favour of the text. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter April 201911 April 2019: This issue is devoted exclusively to the European Union directive on copyright in the digital single market. Read more >
Final stretch for the Digital Single Market Directive, by Barbara Stratton29 March 2019: Long Read : Final stretch for the Digital Single Market Directive, by Barbara Stratton, Chair, EBLIDA Expert Group on Information Law. Read more >
EBLIDA has signed a Library Manifesto for Europe20 March 2019: We want a Europe that, Guarantees learning opportunities, Promotes access to culture and innovation and commits to Sustainable Development… Read more >