What is the goal of the campaign?
We have two main goals with this campaign:
1. Provide information and raise awareness
- Inform the public, policy makers and politicians about what is happening in today’s libraries;
- Raise awareness about obstacles faced by libraries;
- Engage librarians, politicians and the general public into the campaign.
2. Provoke changes and ensure legal certainty for libraries
a.) We want:
- Libraries to provide library users with the latest e-books as they do printed book!
- Libraries to buy e-books at fair prices and on reasonable terms!
- Authors to receive fair payment for the lending of e-books as they do for printed books by extending Public Lending Right to include the loan of e-books by public libraries!
- All citizens – not just those who can afford it – to benefit from free access to e-books in public libraries!
b.) Find short term solutions in drafting Fair licensing models and engage with publishers;
c.) Define a middle long-term copyright reform defining a clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe. of the International WIPO Copyright Treaty.
d.) We want to stimulate and accelerate the process of creating clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe.
Domāt ne iedomājamo15 February 2021: Now available in Latvian: Think the unthinkable - A post Covid-19 European Library Agenda meeting Sustainable Development Goals and funded through the European Structural and Investment Funds (2021-2027). Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter February 202111 February 2021: Find out why EBLIDA selected European Structural and Investment Funds as a preferred area for fundraising for libraries. Read more >
Citizens' Initiative Minority SafePack - A Communication from the European Commission21 January 2021: Worth raising the interest of libraries committed to national and linguistic minorities – 50 million citizens in Europe. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter January 202114 January 2021: A Guided Tour of the EBLIDA website. Reaping the benefits of joining EBLIDA. Read more >
2020 Year in review23 December 2020: As the year comes to an end, we reflect on some of the things that we achieved in 2020, with your support, and despite all the challenges. Read more >