What is the goal of the campaign?
We have two main goals with this campaign:
1. Provide information and raise awareness
- Inform the public, policy makers and politicians about what is happening in today’s libraries;
- Raise awareness about obstacles faced by libraries;
- Engage librarians, politicians and the general public into the campaign.
2. Provoke changes and ensure legal certainty for libraries
a.) We want:
- Libraries to provide library users with the latest e-books as they do printed book!
- Libraries to buy e-books at fair prices and on reasonable terms!
- Authors to receive fair payment for the lending of e-books as they do for printed books by extending Public Lending Right to include the loan of e-books by public libraries!
- All citizens – not just those who can afford it – to benefit from free access to e-books in public libraries!
b.) Find short term solutions in drafting Fair licensing models and engage with publishers;
c.) Define a middle long-term copyright reform defining a clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe. of the International WIPO Copyright Treaty.
d.) We want to stimulate and accelerate the process of creating clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe.
EBLIDA Newsletter September14 September 2020: September issue of EBLIDA Newsletter is live: with our reviews of SDGs & featuring series of events planned...and more ... Read more >
I Fondi Strutturali e di Investimento Europei (FSIE) 2021-2027: Finanziare le biblioteche per progetti di sviluppo sostenibile07 September 2020: Now available in Italian: ESIF 2021-2027: Funding Opportunities for Libraries. Read more >
Libraries all over Europe are calling for a reinforcement of the European cultural and educational dimension06 August 2020: The European library world is calling for strong financial support for culture, education, research and digital inclusion. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter July/August 202016 July 2020: Find out more on SDGs & Libraries; Where EU libraries in lockdown during the Covid crisis? And save the dates: Online Workshops (October) and Online EBLIDA Annual Council (28 October)! And more ... Read more >
Interview with Steen Bording Andersen23 June 2020: Interview with Steen Bording Andersen, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >