What is the goal of the campaign?
We have two main goals with this campaign:
1. Provide information and raise awareness
- Inform the public, policy makers and politicians about what is happening in today’s libraries;
- Raise awareness about obstacles faced by libraries;
- Engage librarians, politicians and the general public into the campaign.
2. Provoke changes and ensure legal certainty for libraries
a.) We want:
- Libraries to provide library users with the latest e-books as they do printed book!
- Libraries to buy e-books at fair prices and on reasonable terms!
- Authors to receive fair payment for the lending of e-books as they do for printed books by extending Public Lending Right to include the loan of e-books by public libraries!
- All citizens – not just those who can afford it – to benefit from free access to e-books in public libraries!
b.) Find short term solutions in drafting Fair licensing models and engage with publishers;
c.) Define a middle long-term copyright reform defining a clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe. of the International WIPO Copyright Treaty.
d.) We want to stimulate and accelerate the process of creating clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe.
EBLIDA Newsletter March 202012 March 2020: Update on the EBLIDA 2020 Conference Belgrade, information on Culture in the European Structural and Investment Funds, Exploration of UN SDGs and more ... Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter February 202013 February 2020: Read about the most important Italian Library Conference, about EBLIDA's Europe-wide surveys and exploration of UN SDGs. Read more >
NewsGuard Forms Board of Advisors for its News Literacy Programs23 January 2020: NewsGuard has assembled a board of advisors for its News Literacy Program, which includes partnerships with nearly 700 public libraries around the globe. Read more >
EBLIDA January Newsletter - Special issue09 January 2020: The January 2020 issue of the EBLIDA Newsletter is special for two reasons. Want to know more? Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter December 201912 December 2019: With an important article devoted to copyright and continuing review of SDGs. Read more >