What is the goal of the campaign?
We have two main goals with this campaign:
1. Provide information and raise awareness
- Inform the public, policy makers and politicians about what is happening in today’s libraries;
- Raise awareness about obstacles faced by libraries;
- Engage librarians, politicians and the general public into the campaign.
2. Provoke changes and ensure legal certainty for libraries
a.) We want:
- Libraries to provide library users with the latest e-books as they do printed book!
- Libraries to buy e-books at fair prices and on reasonable terms!
- Authors to receive fair payment for the lending of e-books as they do for printed books by extending Public Lending Right to include the loan of e-books by public libraries!
- All citizens – not just those who can afford it – to benefit from free access to e-books in public libraries!
b.) Find short term solutions in drafting Fair licensing models and engage with publishers;
c.) Define a middle long-term copyright reform defining a clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe. of the International WIPO Copyright Treaty.
d.) We want to stimulate and accelerate the process of creating clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe.
Les Fonds Européens Structurels et d’Investissement (FESI) 2021-202720 November 2020: Now available in French: ESIF 2021-2027: Funding Opportunities for Libraries. Read more >
Pensare l’impensabile19 November 2020: Un’Agenda bibliotecaria europea post-Covid 19 finalizzata aalla realizzazione degli obiettivi di sviluppo sostenibile e finanziata attraverso i Fondi Strutturali e di Investimento Europei (2021-2027). Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter November 202010 November 2020: In this issue: Report on the EBLIDA Annual Council Meeting, SDGs & Libraries, Copyright in the time of Pandemic. Read more >
Think The Unthinkable National Workshops29 October 2020: The workshops will focus on seeking funding opportunities for libraries within the European Structural and Investment Funds. Read more >
Bibliothèques: l’Europe peut subventionner vos projets!27 October 2020: Table ronde en ligne Agenda 2030 et fonds européens: 24/11/2020. Read more >