What is the goal of the campaign?
We have two main goals with this campaign:
1. Provide information and raise awareness
- Inform the public, policy makers and politicians about what is happening in today’s libraries;
- Raise awareness about obstacles faced by libraries;
- Engage librarians, politicians and the general public into the campaign.
2. Provoke changes and ensure legal certainty for libraries
a.) We want:
- Libraries to provide library users with the latest e-books as they do printed book!
- Libraries to buy e-books at fair prices and on reasonable terms!
- Authors to receive fair payment for the lending of e-books as they do for printed books by extending Public Lending Right to include the loan of e-books by public libraries!
- All citizens – not just those who can afford it – to benefit from free access to e-books in public libraries!
b.) Find short term solutions in drafting Fair licensing models and engage with publishers;
c.) Define a middle long-term copyright reform defining a clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe. of the International WIPO Copyright Treaty.
d.) We want to stimulate and accelerate the process of creating clear copyright law that enables the provision of e-books by libraries all over Europe.
EBLIDA Newsletter February 201914 February 2019: Only six weeks we are on our way in 2019 and already it promises to be an exciting year. Read more >
Copyright Reform: EBLIDA signs Open Letter calling for deletion of Articles 11 and 1301 February 2019: EBLIDA joins the call for deletion of Articles 11 The ‘Link Tax’ and 13 Online Content Sharing. Read more >
1 Librarian - 1 Reference15 January 2019: #1Lib1Ref is happening again January 15 - February 5! Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter January 201910 January 2019: First Newsletter of the Year! We hope that you have enjoyed the break and are ready to start an exiting new year. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter December 201813 December 2018: It's the last issue of EBLIDA Newsletter in 2018! Read to get the latest news, events & updates. Read more >