Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EBLIDA response to Public Consultation on the review of the directive on the re-use of Public Sector Information (PSI) Directive 2013/37/EU12 December 2017: Public consultation on Public Sector Information (PSI) Directive Read more >
BLOG POST: We need an educated and diverse Society, with autonomous Citizens who trust the Institutions01 December 2017: Only a well-educated and diverse society, with autonomous citizens trusting their Institutions will make the European Ideal a reality. Read more >
BLOG POST: WIPO SCCR35 - 3 Institutions / 1 Mission16 November 2017: At WIPO SCCR 35, library, archive and museum underline the connections between the 3 types of institutions to move the agenda forward. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter November 201709 November 2017: The November issue of EBLIDA Newsletter is now available! Enjoy reading! Read more >
BLOG POST: Esou leeft et an Europa Bibliothéiken24 October 2017: Jean-Marie Reding (EBLIDA EC) and Viviane Reding (MEP) discuss on how libraries work in Europe (in Luxembourgish) Read more >