Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com.
EBLIDA Newsletter July/August 201911 July 2019: This double issue of the newsletter includes Reports of Working Group Sessions an interview with Ambassador Stefano Stefanile, EBLIDA Strategic Plan Survey Results, Photos of the Conference and more Read more >
EBLIDA Annual Report 2018-201901 July 2019: Now available: EBLIDA Annual Report 2018-2019. Read more >
EBLIDA Strategic Plan 2019-202228 June 2019: Now available: Strategic Plan 2019-2022. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter June 201913 June 2019: This issue is devoted to the presentation of the new Strategic Plan's Strand 2: Library legislation, and Strand 4: The Socio-educational Impact of Libraries. Read more >
Transposing the Digital Single Market Directive in your own country06 June 2019: EBLIDA member organisations now have a wonderful opportunity to influence how their countries will implement this Directive. Read more >