Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com.
EBLIDA Newsletter February 202013 February 2020: Read about the most important Italian Library Conference, about EBLIDA's Europe-wide surveys and exploration of UN SDGs. Read more >
NewsGuard Forms Board of Advisors for its News Literacy Programs23 January 2020: NewsGuard has assembled a board of advisors for its News Literacy Program, which includes partnerships with nearly 700 public libraries around the globe. Read more >
EBLIDA January Newsletter - Special issue09 January 2020: The January 2020 issue of the EBLIDA Newsletter is special for two reasons. Want to know more? Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter December 201912 December 2019: With an important article devoted to copyright and continuing review of SDGs. Read more >
EBLIDA and NewsGuard10 December 2019: NewsGuard and EBLIDA are partnering to spread Media Literacy and fight disinformation in Europe's Public Libraries. Read more >