Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EBLIDA Newsletter November 201808 November 2018: The November 2018 Newsletter has been published. It features news and updates from Brussels, EBLIDA and Worldwide. Read more >
Contribute to IFLA Global Vision Ideas Store before 31 October 201824 October 2018: We support our partner organisation, IFLA, therefore we would encourage you to please submit your ideas. Your ideas matter! Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter October 201811 October 2018: Meet the new EBLIDA Director! News on the Marrakesh Treaty, Copyright reform, Bibliosuisse, ECIL Conference Report, Generation Code in Brussels.... and more. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter September 201813 September 2018: Read the current Newsletter with the range of activities and interests, library & information society news from Europe, Brussels, EBLIDA and beyond. Read more >
Digital Single Market Directive - the European Parliament lays a Curate’s Egg13 September 2018: PRESS RELEASE: Yesterday, after two years deliberation, the European Parliament voted on its amendments to the draft Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market. Read more >