Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com.
EBLIDA Newsletter September14 September 2020: September issue of EBLIDA Newsletter is live: with our reviews of SDGs & featuring series of events planned...and more ... Read more >
I Fondi Strutturali e di Investimento Europei (FSIE) 2021-2027: Finanziare le biblioteche per progetti di sviluppo sostenibile07 September 2020: Now available in Italian: ESIF 2021-2027: Funding Opportunities for Libraries. Read more >
Libraries all over Europe are calling for a reinforcement of the European cultural and educational dimension06 August 2020: The European library world is calling for strong financial support for culture, education, research and digital inclusion. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter July/August 202016 July 2020: Find out more on SDGs & Libraries; Where EU libraries in lockdown during the Covid crisis? And save the dates: Online Workshops (October) and Online EBLIDA Annual Council (28 October)! And more ... Read more >
Interview with Steen Bording Andersen23 June 2020: Interview with Steen Bording Andersen, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >