Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com.
EBLIDA Newsletter June 202308 June 2023: This Newsletter is focused on Resourcing Libraries in the European Union (RL:EU). Read more >
EBLIDA Annual Report 2022-202317 May 2023: Now available! Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter May 202311 May 2023: Curious about the new phase in the evolution of library thinking? Read about it in our May issue! Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter April 202313 April 2023: The April issue is packed with the latest information on EBLIDA Conference & EBLIDA-NAPLE-PL2030 Event, 18-19 April 2023, Luxembourg. Read more >
Recommendation on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe10 April 2023: On 5th April 2023, the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe approved the Recommendation on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe, drafted in collaboration with EBLIDA. Read more >