Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com.
EBLIDA Newsletter October 201910 October 2019: We are Committed to sustainable development and Libraries can play a significant role in advancing it. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter September 201912 September 2019: Why Sustainable Development Goals are important for libraries and libraries are important for the European 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development. Read more >
AfLIA & EBLIDA - Memorandum of agreement27 August 2019: AfLIA (African Library and Information Associations and Institutions) and EBLIDA signed a Memorandum of Agreement on 26th of August 2019 at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece. Read more >
Interview with Ambassador Stefano Stefanile12 July 2019: Ambassador Stefano Stefanile is currently Deputy Permanent Representative of Italy to the United Nations in New York. Among his previous positions, he had served at the Italian Mission to the UN from 2009 to 2013. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter July/August 201911 July 2019: This double issue of the newsletter includes Reports of Working Group Sessions an interview with Ambassador Stefano Stefanile, EBLIDA Strategic Plan Survey Results, Photos of the Conference and more Read more >