Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview with Steen Bording Andersen23 June 2020: Interview with Steen Bording Andersen, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >
Interview with Marina Encheva21 June 2020: Interview with Marina Encheva, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter June 202008 June 2020: As in any post-crisis scenario, librarians must be ready to embark upon all possible plans. Find out what's next. New publications on SDGs , ESI Funds; planned #Webinars & more in the EBLIDA June Newsletter. Read more >
Press Release: SDGs and Libraries – First European Report02 June 2020: A fully-fledged concept apt to frame library work into the broader and far-reaching scope of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in European libraries. Read more >
EBLIDA Webinars20 May 2020: EBLIDA is hosting a series of webinars focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Libraries, more particularly, why and how should Libraries implement SDGs. Read more >