Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EBLIDA Newsletter September 201813 September 2018: Read the current Newsletter with the range of activities and interests, library & information society news from Europe, Brussels, EBLIDA and beyond. Read more >
Digital Single Market Directive - the European Parliament lays a Curate’s Egg13 September 2018: PRESS RELEASE: Yesterday, after two years deliberation, the European Parliament voted on its amendments to the draft Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market. Read more >
Job opportunity at EBLIDA12 July 2018: EBLIDA invites applications for the position of Director, at EBLIDA Office in The Hague, Netherlands. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter July-August 201812 July 2018: This double issue of the newsletter covers the months of July and August. Enjoy reading! Read more >
Shambolic JURI Committee vote on Copyright22 June 2018: As a major advocate of the library and information sector, while EBLIDA welcomes the encouraging outcomes on some of the Articles, the overall result of the JURI’s deliberations is actually rather lacklustre and in places rather negative for libraries, education and research. Read more >