Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EBLIDA April 2020 Newsletter: Special issue the EBLIDA Checklist in the face of the Covid-19 crisis03 April 2020: What is essential and non-essential in a library service? What must, should or could be put in place when libraries are locked down? Read more >
An EBLIDA Executive Committee (EC) extraordinary online meeting31 March 2020: Online discussion on the critical situation libraries facing during the current Covid-19 outbreak. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter March 202012 March 2020: Update on the EBLIDA 2020 Conference Belgrade, information on Culture in the European Structural and Investment Funds, Exploration of UN SDGs and more ... Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter February 202013 February 2020: Read about the most important Italian Library Conference, about EBLIDA's Europe-wide surveys and exploration of UN SDGs. Read more >
NewsGuard Forms Board of Advisors for its News Literacy Programs23 January 2020: NewsGuard has assembled a board of advisors for its News Literacy Program, which includes partnerships with nearly 700 public libraries around the globe. Read more >