Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EBLIDA Newsletter June 201913 June 2019: This issue is devoted to the presentation of the new Strategic Plan's Strand 2: Library legislation, and Strand 4: The Socio-educational Impact of Libraries. Read more >
Transposing the Digital Single Market Directive in your own country06 June 2019: EBLIDA member organisations now have a wonderful opportunity to influence how their countries will implement this Directive. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter May 201914 May 2019: After the Copyright Storm, we are coming back to business as usual. Check out EBLIDA's latest news, insights, and upcoming events in our May Newsletter. Read more >
Press Release on the Adoption of the European Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market17 April 2019: Following the European Parliament’s adoption of the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market, the Council of Ministers of the European Union has now also voted in favour of the text. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter April 201911 April 2019: This issue is devoted exclusively to the European Union directive on copyright in the digital single market. Read more >