Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com.
Toma posição a favor da independência dos profissionais de gestão de coleções03 October 2022: Desenvolvimento e manutenção de coleções por profissionais de bibliotecas, de forma independente. Read more >
Take a Stand for independent professional collections03 October 2022: Development and maintenance of collections by independent library professionals are under pressure. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter September 202208 September 2022: Read about European events, SDG-oriented project developers, sustainability, e-lending, library legislation and more... Read more >
Press Release on the attack on Salman Rushdie16 August 2022: Solidarity with Salmon Rushdie and all those who stand for freedom of expression! Read more >
EBLIDA Conference and EBLIDA-NAPLE-PL2030 Joint Report18 July 2022: With well over 100 attendants from more than 20 countries, the EBLIDA 2022 Conference was among the most successful in EBLIDA history. Read more >