Survey on Non-Formal and Informal Learning Activities in Public Libraries Across Europe
Survey Created: 6 May 2016 – Survey Ended: 15 July 2016
EBLIDA and the Latvian Library Association are conducted an online survey on non-formal and informal learning activities in public libraries across Europe.
This survey was open for response to all public libraries.
What was the survey about?
There are 65,000 public libraries in the EU. Many of them offer non-formal and informal learning services and tend to have developed expertise in these matters, though the topic has not yet been studied in depth. As part of the Library Advocacy for EU Project, together with the Latvian Library Association (LLA), we (EBLIDA) are now surveying public libraries to collect data on non-formal and informal learning activities in libraries. We will use the results when advocating on the role of public libraries in non-formal education and the contribution of libraries to the EU Education and Training Strategy 2020.
How was the survey presented?
The survey is divided into 4 parts:
- Part A focusses on non-formal learning activities through a list of 12 questions;
- Part B focusses on informal learning activities through a list of 7 questions;
- Part C focusses on the impact of those activities through a list of 3 questions;
- Part D requests factual data on your library.
The overall aim of the survey is to collect data and evidence on:
- Numbers of trained library visitors and numbers of non-formal & informal learning events;
- Main target groups in non-formal and informal learning activities;
- Scope of partnerships with third parties in training delivery;
- Certification of non-formal learning outcomes;
- Most successful non-formal learning events delivered by public libraries;
- Impact of non-formal and informal learning activities on citizens and communities.
Survey text in English:
Bulgarian (Translation by: Stefan Dimitrov)
Czech (Translation by: Zdenek Matusik)
Estonian (Translation by: Piret Pärgma)
French (Translation by: Vincent Bonnet)
Latvian (Translation by: Kristīne Pabērza)
We thank you for your participation in this survey!
In case of questions on this survey please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EBLIDA Newsletter September 202109 September 2021: Read about SDGs and libraries, public libraries and their related copyright strategies, EBLIDA-OCLC Workshop on library new models, News from PL2030 and more ... Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter July/August 202115 July 2021: Think The Unthinkable strategies in six European countries. Read more >
Press Release: EBLIDA working together with library applicants to access European Structural Funds 2021-202722 June 2021: To assist EBLIDA Members in making the most out of European policies and financial opportunities linked with the implementation of ESIF 2021-2027. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter June 202116 June 2021: Report on EBLIDA Day, Conference Recording, Presentations and the A practical Guide for Library Applicants... Read more >
Press Release: EBLIDA President Ton Van Vlimmeren is appointed Knight in the Order of Orange-Nassau.07 June 2021: Read more >