MoU on Out of Commerce Works Resource Pool
On 20 September 2011, EBLIDA together with other stakeholders signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of- Commerce Works.
The MoU is a sector-specific stakeholder-driven agreement negotiated amongst organisations representing libraries on the one hand and publishers, authors and their collecting societies on the other. It contains the Key Principles that these parties will follow to license the digitisation and making available (including across borders in the EU) of books or learned journals that are out-of-commerce. It aims to encourage voluntary collective licences (source: http://www.eblida.org/news/press-release-of-the-european-commission-on-the-signature-of-the-mou-on-out-of-commerce-works.html).
Following this signature, the Stakeholders set up an Implementation Task Force that has decided to create a resource pool to support out of commerce digitisation projects in Europe.
EBLIDA, as signatory of the Memorandum of Understanding is happy to help libraries interested in the MoU.
Find below more information on the Resource pool and contact persons.
- Conference of European National Libraries (CENL);
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- European Writers Council (EWC);
- European Visual Artists (EVA);
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- European Publishers Council (EPC);
- Federation of European Publishers (FEP);
- International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical publishers (STM)
- Memorandum of Understanding - Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of-Commerce Works
- Making Out-of-Commerce Works Available in EU Member States
Les Fonds Européens Structurels et d’Investissement (FESI) 2021-202720 November 2020: Now available in French: ESIF 2021-2027: Funding Opportunities for Libraries. Read more >
Pensare l’impensabile19 November 2020: Un’Agenda bibliotecaria europea post-Covid 19 finalizzata aalla realizzazione degli obiettivi di sviluppo sostenibile e finanziata attraverso i Fondi Strutturali e di Investimento Europei (2021-2027). Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter November 202010 November 2020: In this issue: Report on the EBLIDA Annual Council Meeting, SDGs & Libraries, Copyright in the time of Pandemic. Read more >
Think The Unthinkable National Workshops29 October 2020: The workshops will focus on seeking funding opportunities for libraries within the European Structural and Investment Funds. Read more >
Bibliothèques: l’Europe peut subventionner vos projets!27 October 2020: Table ronde en ligne Agenda 2030 et fonds européens: 24/11/2020. Read more >