MoU on Out of Commerce Works Resource Pool
On 20 September 2011, EBLIDA together with other stakeholders signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of- Commerce Works.
The MoU is a sector-specific stakeholder-driven agreement negotiated amongst organisations representing libraries on the one hand and publishers, authors and their collecting societies on the other. It contains the Key Principles that these parties will follow to license the digitisation and making available (including across borders in the EU) of books or learned journals that are out-of-commerce. It aims to encourage voluntary collective licences (source: http://www.eblida.org/news/press-release-of-the-european-commission-on-the-signature-of-the-mou-on-out-of-commerce-works.html).
Following this signature, the Stakeholders set up an Implementation Task Force that has decided to create a resource pool to support out of commerce digitisation projects in Europe.
EBLIDA, as signatory of the Memorandum of Understanding is happy to help libraries interested in the MoU.
Find below more information on the Resource pool and contact persons.
- Conference of European National Libraries (CENL);
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- European Writers Council (EWC);
- European Visual Artists (EVA);
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- European Publishers Council (EPC);
- Federation of European Publishers (FEP);
- International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical publishers (STM)
- Memorandum of Understanding - Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of-Commerce Works
- Making Out-of-Commerce Works Available in EU Member States
Interview with Steen Bording Andersen23 June 2020: Interview with Steen Bording Andersen, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >
Interview with Marina Encheva21 June 2020: Interview with Marina Encheva, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter June 202008 June 2020: As in any post-crisis scenario, librarians must be ready to embark upon all possible plans. Find out what's next. New publications on SDGs , ESI Funds; planned #Webinars & more in the EBLIDA June Newsletter. Read more >
Press Release: SDGs and Libraries – First European Report02 June 2020: A fully-fledged concept apt to frame library work into the broader and far-reaching scope of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in European libraries. Read more >
EBLIDA Webinars20 May 2020: EBLIDA is hosting a series of webinars focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Libraries, more particularly, why and how should Libraries implement SDGs. Read more >