MoU on Out of Commerce Works Resource Pool
On 20 September 2011, EBLIDA together with other stakeholders signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of- Commerce Works.
The MoU is a sector-specific stakeholder-driven agreement negotiated amongst organisations representing libraries on the one hand and publishers, authors and their collecting societies on the other. It contains the Key Principles that these parties will follow to license the digitisation and making available (including across borders in the EU) of books or learned journals that are out-of-commerce. It aims to encourage voluntary collective licences (source: http://www.eblida.org/news/press-release-of-the-european-commission-on-the-signature-of-the-mou-on-out-of-commerce-works.html).
Following this signature, the Stakeholders set up an Implementation Task Force that has decided to create a resource pool to support out of commerce digitisation projects in Europe.
EBLIDA, as signatory of the Memorandum of Understanding is happy to help libraries interested in the MoU.
Find below more information on the Resource pool and contact persons.
- Conference of European National Libraries (CENL);
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- European Writers Council (EWC);
- European Visual Artists (EVA);
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- European Publishers Council (EPC);
- Federation of European Publishers (FEP);
- International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical publishers (STM)
- Memorandum of Understanding - Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of-Commerce Works
- Making Out-of-Commerce Works Available in EU Member States
EBLIDA Newsletter November 201808 November 2018: The November 2018 Newsletter has been published. It features news and updates from Brussels, EBLIDA and Worldwide. Read more >
Contribute to IFLA Global Vision Ideas Store before 31 October 201824 October 2018: We support our partner organisation, IFLA, therefore we would encourage you to please submit your ideas. Your ideas matter! Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter October 201811 October 2018: Meet the new EBLIDA Director! News on the Marrakesh Treaty, Copyright reform, Bibliosuisse, ECIL Conference Report, Generation Code in Brussels.... and more. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter September 201813 September 2018: Read the current Newsletter with the range of activities and interests, library & information society news from Europe, Brussels, EBLIDA and beyond. Read more >
Digital Single Market Directive - the European Parliament lays a Curate’s Egg13 September 2018: PRESS RELEASE: Yesterday, after two years deliberation, the European Parliament voted on its amendments to the draft Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market. Read more >