MoU on Out of Commerce Works Resource Pool
On 20 September 2011, EBLIDA together with other stakeholders signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of- Commerce Works.
The MoU is a sector-specific stakeholder-driven agreement negotiated amongst organisations representing libraries on the one hand and publishers, authors and their collecting societies on the other. It contains the Key Principles that these parties will follow to license the digitisation and making available (including across borders in the EU) of books or learned journals that are out-of-commerce. It aims to encourage voluntary collective licences (source: http://www.eblida.org/news/press-release-of-the-european-commission-on-the-signature-of-the-mou-on-out-of-commerce-works.html).
Following this signature, the Stakeholders set up an Implementation Task Force that has decided to create a resource pool to support out of commerce digitisation projects in Europe.
EBLIDA, as signatory of the Memorandum of Understanding is happy to help libraries interested in the MoU.
Find below more information on the Resource pool and contact persons.
- Conference of European National Libraries (CENL);
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- European Writers Council (EWC);
- European Visual Artists (EVA);
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- European Publishers Council (EPC);
- Federation of European Publishers (FEP);
- International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical publishers (STM)
- Memorandum of Understanding - Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of-Commerce Works
- Making Out-of-Commerce Works Available in EU Member States
EBLIDA Newsletter September14 September 2020: September issue of EBLIDA Newsletter is live: with our reviews of SDGs & featuring series of events planned...and more ... Read more >
I Fondi Strutturali e di Investimento Europei (FSIE) 2021-2027: Finanziare le biblioteche per progetti di sviluppo sostenibile07 September 2020: Now available in Italian: ESIF 2021-2027: Funding Opportunities for Libraries. Read more >
Libraries all over Europe are calling for a reinforcement of the European cultural and educational dimension06 August 2020: The European library world is calling for strong financial support for culture, education, research and digital inclusion. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter July/August 202016 July 2020: Find out more on SDGs & Libraries; Where EU libraries in lockdown during the Covid crisis? And save the dates: Online Workshops (October) and Online EBLIDA Annual Council (28 October)! And more ... Read more >
Interview with Steen Bording Andersen23 June 2020: Interview with Steen Bording Andersen, EBLIDA Executive Committee Member. Read more >