MoU on Out of Commerce Works Resource Pool
On 20 September 2011, EBLIDA together with other stakeholders signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of- Commerce Works.
The MoU is a sector-specific stakeholder-driven agreement negotiated amongst organisations representing libraries on the one hand and publishers, authors and their collecting societies on the other. It contains the Key Principles that these parties will follow to license the digitisation and making available (including across borders in the EU) of books or learned journals that are out-of-commerce. It aims to encourage voluntary collective licences (source: http://www.eblida.org/news/press-release-of-the-european-commission-on-the-signature-of-the-mou-on-out-of-commerce-works.html).
Following this signature, the Stakeholders set up an Implementation Task Force that has decided to create a resource pool to support out of commerce digitisation projects in Europe.
EBLIDA, as signatory of the Memorandum of Understanding is happy to help libraries interested in the MoU.
Find below more information on the Resource pool and contact persons.
- Conference of European National Libraries (CENL);
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- European Writers Council (EWC);
- European Visual Artists (EVA);
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- European Publishers Council (EPC);
- Federation of European Publishers (FEP);
- International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical publishers (STM)
- Memorandum of Understanding - Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of-Commerce Works
- Making Out-of-Commerce Works Available in EU Member States
Press Release on the Adoption of the European Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market17 April 2019: Following the European Parliament’s adoption of the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market, the Council of Ministers of the European Union has now also voted in favour of the text. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter April 201911 April 2019: This issue is devoted exclusively to the European Union directive on copyright in the digital single market. Read more >
Final stretch for the Digital Single Market Directive, by Barbara Stratton29 March 2019: Long Read : Final stretch for the Digital Single Market Directive, by Barbara Stratton, Chair, EBLIDA Expert Group on Information Law. Read more >
EBLIDA has signed a Library Manifesto for Europe20 March 2019: We want a Europe that, Guarantees learning opportunities, Promotes access to culture and innovation and commits to Sustainable Development… Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter March 201914 March 2019: News about the Programme of the EBLIDA NAPLE Annual Conference, EBLIDA Strategic Plan 2019-2022 and more... Read more >