MoU on Out of Commerce Works Resource Pool
On 20 September 2011, EBLIDA together with other stakeholders signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of- Commerce Works.
The MoU is a sector-specific stakeholder-driven agreement negotiated amongst organisations representing libraries on the one hand and publishers, authors and their collecting societies on the other. It contains the Key Principles that these parties will follow to license the digitisation and making available (including across borders in the EU) of books or learned journals that are out-of-commerce. It aims to encourage voluntary collective licences (source: http://www.eblida.org/news/press-release-of-the-european-commission-on-the-signature-of-the-mou-on-out-of-commerce-works.html).
Following this signature, the Stakeholders set up an Implementation Task Force that has decided to create a resource pool to support out of commerce digitisation projects in Europe.
EBLIDA, as signatory of the Memorandum of Understanding is happy to help libraries interested in the MoU.
Find below more information on the Resource pool and contact persons.
- Conference of European National Libraries (CENL);
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- European Writers Council (EWC);
- European Visual Artists (EVA);
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- European Publishers Council (EPC);
- Federation of European Publishers (FEP);
- International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical publishers (STM)
- Memorandum of Understanding - Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of-Commerce Works
- Making Out-of-Commerce Works Available in EU Member States
A better copyright exception for Education16 January 2018: EBLIDA together with 34 organisations, signed an open letter requesting to improve the education exception in the proposal for a Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market (DSM Directive). Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter January 201811 January 2018: Pleased to present the first edition of the EBLIDA Newsletter of 2018. Read more >
Open Letter to the Bulgarian EU Presidency11 January 2018: EBLIDA together with its partners IFLA and Public Libraries 2020 publish this joint Open letter to celebrate the 1st Presidency of the Council of the European Union by Bulgaria (1 January-30 June 2018) and the goals it shares with libraries. Read more >
Happy Holiday Season14 December 2017: Happy Holiday Season Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter December14 December 2017: News from Brussels, Europe, EBLIDA and Worldwide. Lack of inspiration for a Christmas gift? Read more >