MoU on Out of Commerce Works Resource Pool
On 20 September 2011, EBLIDA together with other stakeholders signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of- Commerce Works.
The MoU is a sector-specific stakeholder-driven agreement negotiated amongst organisations representing libraries on the one hand and publishers, authors and their collecting societies on the other. It contains the Key Principles that these parties will follow to license the digitisation and making available (including across borders in the EU) of books or learned journals that are out-of-commerce. It aims to encourage voluntary collective licences (source: http://www.eblida.org/news/press-release-of-the-european-commission-on-the-signature-of-the-mou-on-out-of-commerce-works.html).
Following this signature, the Stakeholders set up an Implementation Task Force that has decided to create a resource pool to support out of commerce digitisation projects in Europe.
EBLIDA, as signatory of the Memorandum of Understanding is happy to help libraries interested in the MoU.
Find below more information on the Resource pool and contact persons.
- Conference of European National Libraries (CENL);
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- European Writers Council (EWC);
- European Visual Artists (EVA);
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- European Publishers Council (EPC);
- Federation of European Publishers (FEP);
- International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical publishers (STM)
- Memorandum of Understanding - Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of-Commerce Works
- Making Out-of-Commerce Works Available in EU Member States
DSM Directive transposition guidelines for libraries and library associations25 November 2019: The guidelines have been created jointly by EBLIDA, IFLA, LIBER and SPARC Europe, and cover 12 of the Articles in the Directive. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter November 201914 November 2019: Find out about the EBLIDA SDG European House and how EU SDGs are relevant for libraries! Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter October 201910 October 2019: We are Committed to sustainable development and Libraries can play a significant role in advancing it. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter September 201912 September 2019: Why Sustainable Development Goals are important for libraries and libraries are important for the European 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development. Read more >
AfLIA & EBLIDA - Memorandum of agreement27 August 2019: AfLIA (African Library and Information Associations and Institutions) and EBLIDA signed a Memorandum of Agreement on 26th of August 2019 at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece. Read more >