MoU on Out of Commerce Works Resource Pool
On 20 September 2011, EBLIDA together with other stakeholders signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of- Commerce Works.
The MoU is a sector-specific stakeholder-driven agreement negotiated amongst organisations representing libraries on the one hand and publishers, authors and their collecting societies on the other. It contains the Key Principles that these parties will follow to license the digitisation and making available (including across borders in the EU) of books or learned journals that are out-of-commerce. It aims to encourage voluntary collective licences (source: http://www.eblida.org/news/press-release-of-the-european-commission-on-the-signature-of-the-mou-on-out-of-commerce-works.html).
Following this signature, the Stakeholders set up an Implementation Task Force that has decided to create a resource pool to support out of commerce digitisation projects in Europe.
EBLIDA, as signatory of the Memorandum of Understanding is happy to help libraries interested in the MoU.
Find below more information on the Resource pool and contact persons.
- Conference of European National Libraries (CENL);
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- European Writers Council (EWC);
- European Visual Artists (EVA);
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- European Publishers Council (EPC);
- Federation of European Publishers (FEP);
- International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical publishers (STM)
- Memorandum of Understanding - Key Principles on the Digitisation and Making Available of Out-of-Commerce Works
- Making Out-of-Commerce Works Available in EU Member States
EBLIDA Newsletter March 202012 March 2020: Update on the EBLIDA 2020 Conference Belgrade, information on Culture in the European Structural and Investment Funds, Exploration of UN SDGs and more ... Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter February 202013 February 2020: Read about the most important Italian Library Conference, about EBLIDA's Europe-wide surveys and exploration of UN SDGs. Read more >
NewsGuard Forms Board of Advisors for its News Literacy Programs23 January 2020: NewsGuard has assembled a board of advisors for its News Literacy Program, which includes partnerships with nearly 700 public libraries around the globe. Read more >
EBLIDA January Newsletter - Special issue09 January 2020: The January 2020 issue of the EBLIDA Newsletter is special for two reasons. Want to know more? Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter December 201912 December 2019: With an important article devoted to copyright and continuing review of SDGs. Read more >