LIBLEG - Working Group on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe
Aims and goals
- Investigating into the current situation and developments in library legislation and policy in Europe and identifying most innovative aspects / features;
- Revising the Council of Europe-EBLIDA Guidelines for library legislation and policy in Europe;
- Drafting the Final Report on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe.
Since LIBLEG activities impact on library policy and planning, the LIBLEG Working Group will meet EGIL and ELSIA experts regularly in order to bring in-field experience to the work undertaken by the two other groups and, vice versa, to get direction on issues which may have an impact on library legislation, policy and other information laws. The three groups should routinely make their minutes and any relevant papers available to each other so they are aware of decisions taken and of further action to be made.
Members of LIBLEG
[Will be announced in January 2021]
- Council of Europe-EBLIDA Guidelines for library legislation and policy in Europe
- Background paper to the Annual Conference in Dublin (June 2019)
- Interim report on library legislation and policy in Europe.
EBLIDA Newsletter January 202114 January 2021: A Guided Tour of the EBLIDA website. Reaping the benefits of joining EBLIDA. Read more >
2020 Year in review23 December 2020: As the year comes to an end, we reflect on some of the things that we achieved in 2020, with your support, and despite all the challenges. Read more >
EBLIDA Newsletter December 202017 December 2020: The last issue of 2020 with an overview of our new Expert Groups, Covid-19 & Libraries: the Czech Republic, Report on the “Libraries Today” conference in Bulgaria and more. Read more >
Press Release: Library Legislation and Policy in Europe: Results of a Questionnaire - Interim Report15 December 2020: In this report library needs within a national library system are examined, together with library needs in regard to policies other from cultural and educational policies. Read more >
Press Release: A Working Group on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe (LIBLEG)11 December 2020: The LIBLEG Working Group has been created with a view to assisting and advising the EBLIDA Executive Committee in revising the Council of Europe-EBLIDA Guidelines on Library Legislation and Policy in Europe. Read more >